Frequently Asked Questions
What will it cost?
Fees vary according to the type of therapy you wish to access.
Individual Psychotherapy: £60 per 50 minutes
CBT: £60 per 50 minutes
Couples Therapy Sessions: £70 per hour
Couples Intensive Recovery Session: £130 for 2hrs
EMDR Session: £70 for 60 minutes
Subsidised fees are available from £40 in some circumstances. It is usual for the full fee to be charged for missed sessions.
How long will I need to be in therapy?
At the first meeting you will be given a full psychological assessment. This will give an indication of the type and length of treatment required. You will then have an opportunity to discuss this with the therapist and agree the most appropriate way forward. It is usual to have a review of the therapy at an agreed point to assess how the treatment is progressing.
When will I be seen?
You will be offered an appointment as soon as possible and will normally be seen on the same day and time every week for the duration of the treatment.
What can I expect from a psychotherapist?
You should expect confidential, professional appointments in a comfortable private setting including:
- An opportunity to make sense of your individual circumstances
- An experienced, qualified therapist who helps identify and resolve issues
- Warm, non-judgemental support throughout
- Development of greater self-awareness
- An end result that leaves you better equipped to cope with the future